Dispute Resolution Experience:
Michael P. Graff has resolved, by negotiation, mediation, arbitration or litigation, over 2000 cases, in varied industries, particularly in contract, consulting, construction, employment discrimination, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, marketing, printing and packaging, real estate (including coops and condominiums, commercial leasing), textiles and utilities. In the labor relations and employment law field, on behalf of management, including an association of private hospitals, voluntary hospitals and other industries on all aspects of labor-management relations; and on behalf of employees, trying to verdict or award or mediating employment discrimination and civil rights cases. Tried to verdict as lead counsel complex contract issues, employment discrimination, personal injury and property damage contested probate and family law cases on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants. Prepared and/or argued appeals in state and federal courts including the Supreme Court of the United States. Working knowledge of creditors’ rights, based upon experience in asset-based financing transactions and negotiation on behalf of both lenders and borrowers; and enforcement of secured transactions.
- American Arbitration Association – Hurricane Sandy Disputes
- Association for Conflict Resolution of Greater New York;
- Certified by Commercial Division of the Supreme Court, New York and Queens County.
- Certified by New York Peace Institute (Court and Community Mediation)
- Mediated over 100 cases including for the following:
- Mediation Panel, United States District Court for the Southern District of New York;
- Commercial Division of New York State Supreme Court, New York County;
- Commercial Division of New York State Supreme Court, Queens County:
- Unified Court System Part 137 Attorney-Client Fee Disputes (NY County Lawyers);
- Panelist – City Bar Mediation & Arbitration of Disputes Among Lawyers;
- Panelist – City Bar Program on Mediation and Arbitration of Attorney Discipline Disputes;
- Panelist – City Bar Program on Mediation of Coop and Condominium Disputes;
- Civil Court of the City of New York, New York and Kings Counties;
- New York Peace Institute (court and community mediation program.
Soliya Program conducting live connection programs between students of Western Universities and Universities from Predominantly Muslim Countries.
- Arbitrated over 100 cases, including as a panelist on
Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- Commercial Tribunal of AAA, New York City
- New York City Contract Dispute Resolution Board
- Civil Court, New York County
- Attorney-Client Fee Disputes (NY County Lawyers)
- State Bars of New York and Florida
- Supreme Court of the United State
- U. S. Courts of Appeals for the Second, Third and Sixth Circuits
- Southern, Easter and Northern Districts of New York
- Southern (Trial Bar), Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
- Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- Eastern District opf Wisconsin
- New York State Bar Association
- Dispute Resolution Section
- N.Y. City Bar: 2012 – Present, Coop & Condo Law Committee
- 2009 – present; Committee on State Courts of Superior Jurisdiction
- Alternate Dispute Resolution Committee (Adjunct Member); 2006-2009 Litigation Committee, Subc. on ADR in Surrogate’s Court and presenter on two City Bar CLE programs on The Art of Pleading and on Effective Representation of Clients at Mediation
- Queens County Bar Ass’n; Formerly Co-Chair of Labor Law Committee
- National Employment Lawyers Association/New York Chapter (2009 – 2017)
Education and Training in Alternate Dispute Resolution:
Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Continuing Arbitrator Certification. Over 300 hours of Office of Court Administration approved mediation training including by Carol Liebman, Dina Jansenson and Michael Young; Margaret Shaw; Simeon Baum, Stephen J. Hochman, Adam J. Berner and Robert Collins; Continuing Legal Education training sponsored by U.S. District Courts, AAA, City Bar, ABA, New York Peace Institute, FINRA, EEOC and others on Mediation in commercial, Employment Discrimination, Construction Law Mediation and Ethics, Divorce, Child Custody and Visitation; Coach in N Y City Bar Advance Commercial Mediator Training programs and Mentor for Mediators on U. S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Law Office Affiliation:
Graff Law Offices
Tips for Effective Representation of Your Case At Mediation
Mediate Your Co-op/Conpo Residential Disputes
Condominium Liens; Which Comes First … Mortgages or Common Charges?